This section of the Transportation Planning Capacity Building (TPCB) Program website provides legislative, regulatory, and general guidance; technical resources; and relevant links for the areas outlined below.
- Resource Index - The TPCB Resource Index is a database of all resources found on the TPCB website. Your search results will display a broad range of resources on that topic from a variety of sources including: FHWA, other U.S. DOT agencies, other Federal agencies, state and local governments, Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), and non-government organizations.
- Statewide - Provides transportation professionals at the state level information and guidance to address statewide transportation planning issues.
- Metropolitan - Offers detailed information on the process of examining travel and transportation issues and needs in metropolitan areas.
- Rural and Small Community - Provides guidance materials to address the transportation planning needs of rural and small communities.
- Tribal - Provides information on Tribal consultation requirements in both the Statewide and Metropolitan planning processes.
- Public Lands Highways - Provides resources to those involved with transportation planning activities on Federal public lands and land that is adjacent to, or provides access to Indian reservations.
- MPO Database - Whether you are a new or existing MPO, use the MPO database to assist you in finding and contacting peers with similar characteristics.